Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Mocha straight oak veneer
- Handcrafted by skilled artisans
- Worldwide Shipment
- Assistance in our Showroom
|Indoor/outdoor||Indoor use/dry locations only|
HOW TO CARE FOR WOOD VENEER
Veneer furniture is covered in a thin layer of real hardwood. Veneers are often used in high-end furniture pieces and can be more costly than solid wood. In the middle of the 20th century, veneers became popular in Danish interiors where teak wood was used for designer furniture.
There are a few basic rules for getting the most out of your veneer furniture and ensuring its longevity:
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and excessive heat or dampness.
- Be careful of wet rings forming on the surface after watering flowers or plants.
- Never expose the furniture to pets with sharp claws or other sharp objects.
- Use coasters and felt pads under lamp bases and accessories.
Wood veneer requires gentle care to preserve its finish. Dust regularly and clean with a soft dry cloth.
Remove spills immediately as moisture can cause the veneer to peel from the surface. Prevent moisture from getting underneath the veneer by quickly and thoroughly cleaning up spills. In the case of water rings, rub the area with naphtha. Follow up with an application of oil or petroleum jelly to erase the mark completely.